The Architect’s WordPress Website Launch Guide
1. Buy a Domain (& Power it with Google Apps)
Go to Step 2 if you already own your domain (web address, for example: www.bestarchitect.com).
Otherwise, use Google Apps (5$ per user per month) to register & run your domain by clicking here.
- Access to hundreds of free to low-cost services that normally cost companies hundreds of dollars a month (project management apps, accounting apps, productivity apps).
- Up to 10 free email custom email accounts (email@example.com) powered by Gmail.
- Peace of mind: your email will never go down.
- A domain powered by one of the biggest and most reliable names in the industry: Google. Let’s just say they will be around a while and won’t be going out of business anytime soon.
- Integration with your Android, iPhone, or Blackberry smartphone (sync contacs and email, etc.).
Google Apps offers all this and more – an exceptional value for the small architecture firm. I use Google Apps to run this domain, BusinessofArchitecture.com. Once again, here is the link to set up an account: Google Apps (Standard Addition).
Click the next section to go to step 2.