In the second part of my interview with Ray Kogan, he reveals the big picture and then guides us down, step by step, towards achieving your firm's vision.
Ray Kogan is the President of Kogan & Company. His company specializes in helping design firms develop business strategies and improve firm management. He co-authored the book “Strategic Planning for Design Firms” and the section about strategic planning in the “Architect’s Handbook of Professional Practice” with his partner Cara Bobchek.
Ray has helped more than a hundred design firms in developing their strategic plans, and has presented numerous seminars on strategic planning, management, and leadership development in many cities across the country.
Here's what we discuss in this interview:
- The number 1 mistake architecture firms make with a strategic plan
- Looking at the big picture: what is the future of your firm?
- Getting down into the details: creating an “action plan”
- Knowing your priorities and having structure
- How to ‘cash out' of your firm when you retire
- The #1 strategy for breaking into a new market
- How to use “smart strategic diversification” to hedge against recession
- To know more about how Ray can help you develop a strategic plan, visit Kogan & Company's website
- Ray Kogan's and Cara Bobcheck's book: Strategic Planning for Design Firms
This interview is on iTunes. Subscribe above, and be a hero! If you know another architect who would benefit from watching this video, share away using the social share buttons.
Interview Transcript and Members Only Resources:
[DAP errMsgTemplate=”SHORT”]There is no transcript for this episode.[/DAP]