Today is the 2nd half of my interview with architect Scott Lowe, co-founder of 5G Studio Collaborative. If you haven't listened to last week's episode #227, you'll definitely want to catch the first part of my conversation with Scott where he talks about how he and his partners grew their international design focused practice.
This year 5G Studio collaborative was ranked #29 on the Architect 50 in the category of “Business” and #31 in the category of Design, which is impressive for a firm that was founded in 2005.
In this episode, Scott talks about the importance of building a world-class team – that big results come from a team effort.
In the last episode, you heard Scott hint at the “franchise” office model that they've used to open new office locations and provide opportunities for team members to grow professionally and financially.
In this episode we dive into this intriguing business model in detail.
You'll also discover:
- Two hard lessons that Scott has learned in business
- How to respond when clients go to a cheaper firm
- How to create relationships that turn into work
- The 4 things you need to be an ultra-competitive firm on an international scale
- And Scott's 2 elements of strategic thinking.
You'll discover this and more in this interview with Architect Scott Lowe of 5G Studio Collaborative.
Resources for today’s show: